Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Electrical Maintenance Engineer,
Strong earning potential
Are you an Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer with a HND in Electrical Engineering? Are you a proactive and forward-thinking Maintenance Engineer? Are you looking for a fast paced, varied and interesting opportunity? Are you happy with a 3-shift pattern? Do you value Health and Safety?
Electrical Maintenance Engineer: Responsibilities
- Carry out preventative maintenance work on plant equipment,
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards,
- Reactive Response to breakdowns/calls/ in a timely manner,
- Be proactive, regularly patrol areas of responsibility.
- Fault find, repair, and maintain a variety of quality systems; including machine vision systems, can testers, pin hole detectors, weld quality monitors.
- Fault finding on mainly Allen-Bradley and Omron PLC controlled equipment.
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams, schematics and specifications.
Continuous Improvement Activities:
- Ensure 5S standards are maintained/improved. Leave work areas safe, clean & tidy before handing back to production,
- Adopt and promote lean thinking and methodologies (5S, SMED, Kaizen, Root Cause Analysis, TPM, Visual Factory etc.).
- Carry out continuous improvement projects in plant and processes to improve safety, quality, and production.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer: Personal Specification
- HND qualified in Electrical Engineering,
- Forward thinking approach to Maintenance, looking at implementing preventative measures rather than 'firefighting'
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.