Head of Warwick Conferences
Warwick Conferences is a conference, meeting and events business based at the University of Warwick. We have a diverse range of venues, each offering bespoke spaces, bedrooms and dining.
We also offer the Conference Park; unique spaces and accommodation within the university itself. This is alongside our catering, event management and event production services.
We are looking for an inspirational leader to manage and lead the team operating Scarman, Radcliffe, Arden and the Slate and maintain the Conference Centres as a market leader in the provision of conference and training facilities, offering first class services to the corporate and educational markets, whilst ensuring a continuously high level of surplus to the University.
- To propose, plan and implement new developments; allocating resources and establishing routines.
- Assess potential new markets/ business, organise relevant market research; co- ordinate resources.
- To ensure high levels of customer service at all times, developing sales through improved processes and management intervention.
- Set challenging targets for staff; encourage development of new business; monitor progression towards sales goals/ targets.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with key existing clients/ customers and partner organisations; analyse competitor businesses to identify opportunities and minimise threats.
- To oversee and enable strategic development of the business ensuring improvement in productivity, accuracy and profitability.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans; conduct review of business; produce review documents and business plans.
- Monitor systems, liaising with suppliers to ensure that the operational needs of the business are met and plan additional support mechanisms/ developments within the business as appropriate.
- Develop, direct and monitor the implementation of policies, procedures and work standards to ensure standards are achieved.
- To produce and present the annual Five Year Financial plan for approval by the University for all Conference Centres. Be accountable for achieving the agreed budgets, analyse management and statutory accounts and business statistics on an ongoing basis. Take action to rectify negative variances and trends where necessary.
- To ensure proper allocation of staff and financial resources. Optimise the allocation of staff and financial resources maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Analyse annual budget and financial matters; regularly assess business’s financial position and performance.
- To lead and manage the staff within the department to provide a high quality service to all customers. Establish and maintain the culture of the business, ensuring a motivated, skilled and customer focused team with low staff turnover and low absence levels. Chair management meetings HR hearings, and staff meetings within the department.
- To be responsible for the recruitment of managers and support/ admin staff for the centres. To ensure effective performance management, induction, development and appraisal of all staff within all the centres.
- To monitor and review that staff are meeting goals and objectives and following policies and procedures; ensure staff are providing services effectively and efficiently, and to review and take corrective action as appropriate
- To monitor legislative changes, business environment and digital technology that may affect operations and to implement policy and procedural changes as required.
- To minimise crisis management and encourage problem solving in managers.
- Ensure security and safety of premises and health and safety of all staff, customers and visitors to the business.