Chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor
Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 per annum + benefits
Capstone are currently working in partnership with one of the nation's leading multi-disciplinary construction consultancies to recruit a chartered Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team immediately in a client-facing capacity.
You, as the successful candidate, will be accountable for the financial delivery of projects predominately within the Education sector, working with a portfolio of various schools, universities and EFA. Additionally, you will be expected to carry out employer's agent duties.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and that all KPI's are achieved.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract.
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
- Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support to mobilisation as required on new contracts.
- Develop local procurement activities to maximise margin.
Necessary skills and experience:
- Industry related degree
- APMP, MRICS or other relevant professional body such as MCIOB
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Exposure to a range of sectors, e.g. commercial, retail and industrial, but predominantly education.
- Proficiency in CATO, BIM and / or Asta power project
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80458007