Project Team Leader
Job Title Project Team Leader
Reports to Operations Manger
Hours Full Time, Monday - Thursday 07:30 - 16:30, Friday - 07:30-15:30
Holiday 28 days including public holidays
Salary £25,000 - £30,000
Probation Six months
Our Client has served the construction and manufacturing sectors since the 1970’s. All their products have been tried, tested and proven to perform, giving confidence throughout the market place.
They are a family owned business with strong individual and company ethics. Honesty and integrity are not throw away words with them, it is how we live our lives and operate in all our relationships.
They are committed to consistently provide an excellent standard of service, quality workmanship and flexibility to meet our customer’s requirements.
To support the Operations Manager with the day to day running of the Contracts department. Responsible for ensuring that all projects are updated and the team adhere to company processes at all times. As part of this role the team leader will manage a portfolio of their own projects assigned to them and be expected to lead by example championing business process and providing an outstanding level of service to our customers. A technical support to the team to offer guidance and support with more challenging projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 1 year’s proven experience in contracting team or relevant support role.
- Practically minded to ensure a solution that will work effectively and anticipate any problems in advance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask with conflicting priorities and perform to deadlines
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills, with strong priority management and accurate attention to detail
- Flexible, 'can-do' attitude to achieve short notice requirements and turnarounds, delivering excellent service to our customers
- Energetic and able to handle a stressful workload
- Team Player
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills to manage, update, and use systems effectively
- Commercial awareness to make cost-effective decisions
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing accurate and timely customer project updates throughout the lifecycle of the projects
- Oversee the information sent to the fitting teams to ensure that it is consistent, detailed they are fully briefed
- Oversee the Project co-ordinators to ensure that business process is being adhered to and all of the relevant systems updated
- Support the team to oversee the final surveyor schedule and deadlines for completion of drawings
- Manage relationships with the installation teams and third-party suppliers
- As needed, provide guidance/updates to sector managers
- Ensure timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations
- Monitor all team email inbox’s, ensuring timely response to all communication
- Answer incoming Contract Team phone calls in a professional manner focussing on a first call resolution
- Work alongside the Operations Manager to develop and improve systems and processes to ensure a smooth and efficient department
- Assist with purchasing goods, labour and access for project-specific requirements ensuring that lead times are adhered to and any associated off hire is completed and communicated in a timely manner
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure that all health and safety requirements are adhered to and the teams are up to date with the required training
- Raise all Purchase Orders required, ensuring that they are authorised and communicated to the relevant contacts.
- Ensure that all customers receive an exceptional level of service from the team throughout the project cycle and beyond
- Ensure that all projects are closed down in a timely manner by the team and invoicing remains up to date
- When required, complete site visits