Planner - planned maintenance & projects
Planner - Planned Maintenance & Projects
£Competitive Salary plus benefits & car allowance
Due to a very successful start to 2018 with various contract wins within the Midlands region, our client, a leading social housing and regeneration contractor, is seeking a driven, professional and talented Planner to join their team. This is a full time, permanent role based in Birmingham with travel to be expected nationwide
The successful candidate will deliver good quality programmes and associated work for projects during the preconstruction or on-site stages.
Role & Responsibilities
- Complete the planning process with a high degree of commercial acumen and skill
- Attend site and review progress against programme and report. Advise and assist site teams on updating programmes.
- Prepare a tender planning report that highlights for the bid team key planning and programming elements of the project.
- Preparation of informed and auditable tender programmes that are clear and understandable, and utilise known outputs and sequences, or have agreement by liaison with subcontractors on anticipated periods.
- Approach to tender planning that actively seeks during preparation opportunities for innovation, value engineering and optioneering that is shared with the tender bid team.
Skills, experience & qualifications
- Experience in programming and sequencing from outputs
- Understanding of Construction technology and methods
- IT Skills including use of Microsoft Project and Asta
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Understanding on site requirements including setting up, preliminaries and temporary works
- Working with NEC contracts and producing and monitoring compliant programmes
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualifications (HNC/NVQ4)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Driving Licence
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary plus benefits and car allowance.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV. Alternatively contact us on 01474 850707 for more information.
Howells Solutions is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Successful candidates will be contacted within 5 working days. If you do not hear back from us, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80445657