Position: MOT Mechanic
Salary/Package: £20,000 - £25,000
Alecto Recruitment are currently representing a busy independent garage looking for a MOT Tester.
The role on offer is a Full Time Permanent position working in an independent garage in the busy London area. Conducts MOT inspections, issue MOT documentation, ensures security of MOT certification process and implements the MOT scheme in compliance with ministry and company requirements.
Hours - 42.5K a week - Monday - Saturday with a weekday off.
Experience is essential for this role with a minimum of a level 3, MOT certificate is not required but is preferred. Would consider someone with all level of experience as long as you have the basic and relevant qualifications.
- Carrying out Mot tests and Quality Control checks for Mot's where required
(Including inputting information into the computerisation system)
- Ensuring Mot equipment is checked on a weekly basis.
- Maintaining accurate Records
- Ensuring Mot calibration certificates are kept up to date at all times
- Ensuring all emission results and test paperwork is kept and filled for 3 months and older paperwork is destroyed in the correct manner
- Ensuring Mot slots and related paperwork are ordered in good time and sufficient spare paperwork is obtained also
- Maintaining supplies of Ministry documentation
- Routinely inspects tools and equipment and assess serviceability to undertake MOT tests
- Contributes to Good Housekeeping routines
- Assists the workshop with light vehicle repairs
- Class 4 & 7 certified
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective Communication and People Skills
- Good IT skills
- Technical abilities
- Vehicle Maintenance knowledge
A competitive salary
Working with an Independent Dealership
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Gemma Atkin, Alecto Recruitment.
or call on in strict confidence.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.