Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
Unique Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Management opportunity to work within the Power Sector on Large Substation projects delivering to Blue Chips clients. Based in Stone, Staffordshire with some nationwide site visits involved and some London based travel as the role will involve supervising QS's in the London office.
A world leader in the power sector with major projects across multiple industries including rail, nuclear and utilities.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Experience required 10 years+ post graduate which can be from a Consultant, Main Contractor or Large Subcontractor background or mixture of.
* Experience within the Energy Sector, Rail, Technology, Electricity Gas or related Infrastructure services or Large Build Projects.
* Degree in Industry related subject Quantity Surveying / Construction Management / Civil Engineering
* Confident excellent Client facing and experienced in attending high level meetings
* Experience of managing other Commercial Staff
* Experience of Main Contracts in particular NEC Option A and or C and or FIDIC
* Experience in cost reporting / preparing Monthly CVR's
* Experience of preparing applications for payment pricing variations / compensation events and contract administration & claims
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Experience working in the Electricity Supply Industry or Engineering works
* Understanding of planning processes and tools such as Primavera and Microsoft Project
* Understand the use of account software's such as SAP or similar project/commercial management tools such as COINS, AXIM or the like
* Able to compile presentation slides including making presentations to groups utilising presentation tools such as power point.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80460591