Our client, a forward thinking, dynamic and professional building services company are currently looking to recruit a site based Maintenance Engineer.
As the Maintenance Engineer, you will work as part of the maintenance team to carry out the planned and reactive maintenance services to a large site in Birmingham.
- To undertake the Planned Maintenance of the Building Engineering Services, to ensure compliance with the specification, PPM, Schedules and Procedures.
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant and install new plant and equipment when required
- To undertake the day to day operation of the plant and services to control the conditions of the premises to the satisfaction of the client.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for repairs or replacements to ensure compliance with the relevant British Standard.
- Provide detailed quotations where works exceed client limits
- Ensure all certification and documentation is completed accurately
- To keep accurate logs of work undertaken and materials used
- Ensure all health and safety paperwork is in place (and adhered to) for each job / project e.g. method statements, risk assessments
- To be available for attendance out of normal office hours in the event of an emergency or for specific tasks requiring out-of-hours action.
- To liaise with specialist sub-contractors and engineers with other disciplines to ensure the efficient operation of the plant without disruption to the client.
Qualifications and Experience:
- C&G Electrical, Mechanical or HVAC background
- Hold a City and Guilds 236 Part 1 & 2 qualification.
- 17 th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- City and Guilds Inspection and Testing (2391 or equivalent) would be advantageous but not essential
- Good oral, written communication skills.
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary, 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays), life insurance and pension.
This represents a great opportunity to join a fantastic building services company who have an excellent reputation for providing flexible building maintenance solutions to their clients throughout the UK.