Permanent position for a CNC machinist working for a leading engineering company in Coleshill near Birmingham. The role will involve lathe work only and programming, setting and operating of Fanuc machines.
The company offers good benefits (sick pay, holidays, PPE, health) and it is a very health and safety conscious and clean environment.
The main purpose of the role is to help ensure the efficient running of section on shift, to program, set and operate machines and ancillary equipment.
- Ensure programs are available for jobs and are saved correctly
- Ensure tools are available and kept in good condition
- Set machines to produce fittings as the orders are brought to the section
- Prove out programs on machines before passing off for general production
- Perform regular checks on production runs alongside operator
- Ensure continuous running of machines for the length of the order
- Ensure all finished work is handled and processed correctly
- Create new programs for jobs as required
- Complete shift paperwork
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the section alongside other setters and operators
- Working within the confines of the company's quality systems, work instructions, and ISO 9001 and 14001
- Abide by all aspects of health and safety relating to the use of machinery, environment and tools or any other equipment
Leading global engineering company with excellent training, benefits and career opportunities. This role is based at their Coleshill site near Birmingham where they manufacture electronic products.
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Experienced CNC machinist with lathes
- Principles of the basic operation of relevant equipment
- Basic Health & Safety at work
- ISO9001 quality procedures for manufacturing
- Understanding manufacturing processes, equipment, parts and components (if applicable to the job/area)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Fanuc programming experience
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80460794