Area Fundraising Manager Central England
An extremely rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-motivated Area Fundraising Manager to join our welcoming fundraising team to cover CentralEngland. The successful candidate will be achieving and gaining additional funds to directly improve the impact we can have for the people we support.
Covering the Central region, the Fundraising Manager will be directly responsible for the strategic direction, planning and day-to-day management of regional fundraising for your geographical area.
Within this role, you will achieve agreed fundraising targets for the area through effective management, support and cultivation of both existing and new regional supporters including: individuals, groups, associations and schools whilst maximising the current portfolio of events such as; My Challenge, Owned/3rd Party events, Get Arty! and The Big Tea Party. You will research, identify and develop new corporate opportunities, area of potential support and build a robust regional pipeline.
This is a home based position to work 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, however there is a level of flexibility where you will have the opportunity to work in a local office if preferable. The nature of event fundraising is that there will be occasional evening and weekend work, for which time off in lieu will be given.
Key skills and requirements (essential):
- The ability to develop, implement and monitor strategic plans, present budgets and interpret financial information
- The ability to research, assess and initiate new opportunities within the context of an overall plan
- Able to manage the detailed content involved in function/event management and to support the supervision of key volunteers involved in such activities
- Able to recruit, develop and train, motivate and manage individuals and teams of Volunteers to give off their very best
- Able to use interpersonal skills in order to engage effectively with others, understand what motivates them and respond appropriately
- Written communication skills and a high level of numeracy to be able to produce business plans, monthly reviews, press releases, letters, presentations and other similar documents
- Excellent verbal communication skills, to be able to deliver presentations and give local media interviews
- Able to work as part of a team, to see and understand the national picture and to contribute effectively to team plans and goals
- IT literate - use of word-processing, spreadsheets PowerPoint and databases
- Degree qualification relevant to the fundraising sector
- Good experience working with community fundraising or working within a charity
If you have the relevant skills and experiences we are looking for and this opportunity sounds like the perfect role for you, please click the pink "Apply" button below to express your interest and to begin the application process.
Please ensure you provide a bespoke and up-to-date CV along with a covering letter stating why you should be considered for this role... Good luck!!
Vacancy ID: 12291