Our client is a specialist advisory company who provide world-class expertise in their field. They are looking for an Accounts Administrator to join their small busy team on a permanent basis.
The Accounts Administrator role will involve completion of all aspects of Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger / Credit Control functions in a timely, methodical and accurate manner.
As an Accounts Administrator you will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee all aspects of Purchase Ledger including raising purchase orders, process invoices, organising payments and direct debit allocation.
- Reconciling supplier's statements and addressing invoice queries direct with colleagues and suppliers.
- Prepare payment runs to meet the set Company payment dates.
- Accurate data entry of incoming payments onto the Banking module of SAP.
- Checking of credit card transactions, posting to ledger and chasing copy receipts for reconciliation.
- Undertake Credit Control duties including the distribution of customer statements, liaison with Customer Accounts Payable to recover outstanding debt.
- Monitoring overdue and aged debtors and highlighting possible need for litigation.
- Monthly Returns to HMRC.
- Reconciliation of mileage and other expenses, addressing anomalies and process for payment.
- Verification of timesheet hours data. Timely turnaround of verification of hours and data entry for Payroll preparation (undertaken by HR).
- Management and administration of Company/Commercial vehicle tasks.
For the Accounts Administrator role, it would be good to see candidates with:
- Experience of working in a similar accounts/finance role
- Experience of Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger / Credit Control (this role is 70% purchase ledger and 30% sales ledger)
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literate with strong Excel skills
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to challenge and add value
- Motivated and proactive individual who is willing to involve themselves in all areas as required
- Own transport advantageous due to location
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Accounts Assistant, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
Salary: £18,000 - £19,000 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.