A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified Management Accountant to join a well-known national business in Birmingham City Centre.
This is a very busy role and requires someone who can work at pace and consistently meet deadlines. You will be given the support, training and guidance to develop in the role however you will be able to take direction, use your initiative and have the confidence to ask relevant questions in order to achieve results. The
The role will be broad in scope, covering Financial and Management Accounting, but with exposure to the wider business and various functions. Initial responsibilities will include owning the Month-end Consolidation of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow as well as ownership of all Central Overheads.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monthly Consolidation Process.
- Month-end reconciliations.
- Act as point of contact between the Central Finance team and the Group function.
- Central Overheads - ensuring control over and accurate reporting of Central Overheads on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with Cost Centre owners to set divisional budget and challenge as appropriate.
- Inter-company - ensure all inter-co balances are formally agreed with corresponding parties and correctly accounted for with adequate documentation retained within the month-end files.
- Quarterly reporting - own and manage the quarterly group stats and associated returns process ensuring that these are completed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Assist with the preparation and reporting of monthly forecasts and annual budget.
The successful candidate will ideally be newly qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and have experience of producing monthly management accounts in a similar role. The business will actively look to develop you, with the view for you becoming a future leader in the function. Once you have proven yourself, you will have the opportunity to shape your role and get involved in different areas. On offer is a salary of up to £40,000 with excellent benefits and career prospects. If you are interested, please do apply or get in touch ASAP!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80465216