This is a rare opportunity - a Financial Controller position for a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA) as your first or second move out of Practice. This is an outstanding chance to join a solid and successful manufacturing SME in Birmingham, reporting directly to the Finance Director, to build on your current experience and put theory into practice - a hands-on, all-round Financial Control role.
As Financial Controller, your key responsibilities will be:
- Timely and accurate Financial Reporting
- Month End and Management Accounts production, with commentary
- Production of yearly statutory accounts pack and tax pack
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Being the main liaison for external auditors, bank relationship manager, HMRC, payroll, pension, insurance
- Cashflow reporting and variance analysis
- Budget monitoring, working closely with budget holders
- Weekly sales reporting
- Sales Margin review and reporting
- Continuous improvement with regards to internal controls & compliance - development and implementation
To be successful in this exciting Financial Controller application, we are seeking a degree calibre (1st or 2:1) Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA), with a solid technical background from Practice, who is looking for career progression in Industry. Interpersonally you will be credible, confident, and diligent, who is highly organised and enjoys working to tight deadlines.
In return you will be joining a contemporary manufacturing business in a highly visible role, supported by a successful FD, where your career progression is guaranteed. The package can go up to £50,000 for the right applicant. Please apply as soon as possible to register your interest, or get in touch directly via Linked In.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80464272