PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK
PURCHASE LEDGER CLERK
The Staffing Group is a market leading privately owned recruitment company which specialises in providing recruitment services either through our RPO Company Single Resource, or, one of our high street service centres of Extra Personnel servicing the warehouse, distribution, logistics and food sectors within the UK. We operate from 113 group locations across the UK and are one of the top 10 largest suppliers of contractual labour.
Due to rapidly expanding business, our Head Office Service Centre based in Walsall is looking for a proactive and experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join its fast paced finance team. The role of Purchase ledger clerk will be Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm with the flexibility to meet the demands of the role and support the business at peak periods.
Responsibilities of the Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Experience in processing high volume invoices and posting to multiple cost centres within the business
- Experience of accruals and pre payments
- Receive and Sort Paperwork on daily basis ie Supplier statements, Delivery Notes, and Purchase Invoices
- To ensure that all documentation is stamped and dated
- Match invoices, code with appropriate expense/branch batch enter onto Suppliers Accounts (imperative to deal with multiple cost centres/intercompany charges)
- Reconcile Supplier Statements and ensure payment terms are adhered to.
- To liase with suppliers/branches via telephone with regards to queries.
- Photocopy any invoices for Fixed Asset Registers/Automated Prepayment Folders
- Assist in generation payment run during holiday cover.
- Weekly Import Reports from Tempest to Topaz during holiday cover.
- Barclaycard Expenses for employees individually matched with receipts and analysed and posted onto Purchase Ledger on monthly basis and allocated to Direct Debit Payments
- Raise Weekly Temp to Perm/Perm Invoices during holiday cover.
- Raise Manual Cheques Weekly according to signature authorisation and paperwork
- Use of bespoke recruitment software
- Use Microsoft Excel to manipulate data within spreadsheets, filter, sort, pivot tables
- Knowledge of double entry accounts
- To ensure filing is done when appropriate
- To check on weekly basis unallocated payments
- Assist in data entry on margin information if help is required during busy periods.
- Sort and frank post that needs to go out daily if required
- To carry out any additional duties that they may reasonably be expected to perform
- Minimum 2 -3 years purchase ledger experience
- Knowledge and experience of high volume multi cost centres
- Experience of Excel and manipulating data via spreadsheets
Person profile for the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
- Proactive in a demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
As part of our commitment to all our employees you will also receive:
- Cash Back Healthcare Scheme
- Up to 2% contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Minimum 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to a maximum of 29 days plus Bank Holidays
- Your birthday off paid
- Continued advancement training
- My Staff Rewards - an online benefit platform offering discounts on days out, retail, restaurants and much more
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80448229