Assistant Financial Controller
The Assistant Financial Controller will be responsible for supporting the Plant Financial Controller in controlling all plant costs and internal controls, compiling the annual budgets / forecasts and ensuring that all plant statutory reporting requirements are met. Working closely with the Senior Operational and Commercial Management, the Assistant Financial Controller will ensure that the plant remains profitable and drive cost saving through economic efficiency.
A leading global manufacturing and production business, supplying to the automotive industry, based in Solihull. The Business operates 83 manufacturing facilities in 20 Countries. This role will be responsible for a larger and growing Plant, providing opportunities to develop a long and successful career.
The successful Assistant Financial Controller will:
- Control of Plant Direct Margin Costs
- Business Partner with the plant to provide financial information and analysis to support decision making
- Review and approve sales price and standard costs changes. Develop reporting systems to communicate impact of changes
- Standard Set up and maintain standard costing for existing parts. Develop reporting systems to communicate financial margins at part, commodity and vehicle level
- Review new program costs. Ensure integrity between programs reported profits and plant level profitability. Develop reporting systems to communicate profitability status at program milestones.
- Control and report all plant launch costs.
- Support Plant Controller during monthly forecasting process.
- Full responsibility for specific P&L lines
- Journal preparation, P&L and balance sheet analysis
- Complete monthly direct margin report for monthly management information pack including commentary. Support Plant Controller on other reports required for monthly management pack.
The successful Assistant Financial Controller will be:
- Qualified accountant CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Demonstrable Accounting Experience working in Manufacturing with experience of standard costing systems (essential)
- Confident with strong Interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Hands-on approach
- Highly flexible and adaptable with the ability to work as an individual or as part of a team and to work on their own initiative when required
- Ambitious and driven - there is potential to progress within this role
- High standard of Excel skills
- Automotive experience (desirable)
- Hyperion experience (desirable)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80465107