Dornan is an International Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Company which has gained significant experience across a wide section of construction sectors. At Dornan, we are committed to achieving client satisfaction through safely offering value, deliverability and quality.
We are currently recruiting a planner with Civil experience for a WTE project near Birmingham.
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a position with Dornan as we continue our expansion across new sectors and global regions throughout Ireland,UK and Europe.
- Project planning using Primavera P6 or ASTA PowerProject
- Develop pre-construction, construction and commissioning program’s as part of the Dornan project team.
- Represent the company at progress/planning meetings/workshop’s
- Development of the project controls systems specific to the project.
- Setup WBS
- Set up progress measurement system (PMS)
- Develop the schedule, S-curves and manpower histograms
- Cost loading of programs (as required)
- Baseline the schedule
- Implementing the project controls system:
- Progress measuring of all works, direct & sub-contract, using the Dornan bespoke PMS
- Monitoring of labour man hours & analyse labour efficiencies
- Update the schedule in primavera/ASTA
- Systems turnover tracking
- Monitor delays & client notifications as required
- Monthly project reporting to senior management
- Should have 5+ years previous experience.
- Experience in the field of construction planning in mechanical/electrical contracting would be advantageous.
- Ideally the candidate will have a mechanical/electrical construction background in both commercial and industrial sectors.
- Ex-trade & engineering degree candidates will be considered
- Good communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a fully integrated team is essential.
- Career driven & ambitious
- Primavera, Asta
- Advanced Excel
- Report production
- MS Office
- Training in Dornan’s extensive project controls procedures will be provided via the planning department
- The planner is seen as the facilitator of the project controls system and will be aided by the greater project team.
- Career development opportunities with Dornan’s employee development scheme.
- Dornan is a CPD accredited employer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80456896