Class 1 Drivers
Class 1 Drivers
Position: Class 1 Driver
Shift Pattern: Any 5 from 7 days (48 hours per week) 12% Premium for hours between 12:01 to 3:59am
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
We have a number of fantastic opportunities for Class 1 Drivers at our site in Rugby.
As a Class 1 Driver you will be responsible for the efficient transportation and delivery of multi temperature goods to a number of local stores Nationwide.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
- Timely and efficient completion of Multi-Drop deliveries
- Represent DHL in a professional manner to customers and provide excellent customer service at all times
- undergo regular training and driving assessments
- Regular completion of vehicle checks
- Loading and unloading products and stock from vehicle.
- Comply with appropriate Working Time and Tachograph Legislation
- Work safely within the H&S and environmental guidelines, and insist that others do the same.
- Maintain regular contact with the Transport Team.
It is essential that you have a C or C+E Licence, Digital Tachograph card and up to date CPC card. In addition to these requirements you'll also have:
- At least 2 years Driving experience
- Experience of multi-drop multi-temperature food is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, anticipate issues and escalate to Manager accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Health and safety awareness
- Knowledge of driving laws and working time regulations
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
So if you are looking for a new challenge and are passionate about delivering excellent customer service then simply apply online, ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application and start your journey to a new career with a great company!
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAIN Employment TypePermanent Full-Time
Business UnitDHL Supply Chain UK Contract TypePermanent (Full-Time)
LocationRugby Working Hours48
Job TypeDrivers & Couriers Shift RequirementDay time only
Career LevelOperatives Relocation OfferedNone
Responsible for Travel RequiredNo Business Travel
Reports toTransport FLM Travel ExtentNone
Target Hire Date12/03/2018 Work Permit RequiredYes
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80449806