Plant and vehicle fitter
TSA are currently recruiting for a plant & vehicle fitter on behlaf of our client
Principal Duties & responsibilities:
We are seeking fully qualified plant and vehicle fitter to join our successful and growing business.
Plant & Vehicle fitter required to undertake the repair and maintenance of a company fleet of vehicles and plant. The successful candidate will be part of a small team, but should be equally happy working on their own and should take a great degree of pride in carrying out tasks to an extremely high standard. The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to tasks and be able to manage their own workload, be an excellent communicator with proven experience.
This position will be 70% night working and working away from home. Nightshift uplifts and working away allowances paid.
Key Roles, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To work as part of a small team providing a repair and maintenance service for all company owned plant, vehicles, and machinery.
- To provide on-site breakdown cover to the operations team.
- To repair and maintain Company vehicles in accordance with the planned servicing schedule or as directed by the Plant & Transport Director.
- To complete and upload appropriate administration records of all repairs, servicing, and inspections carried out.
- To liaise with the Plant & Transport administrator regarding service schedules, purchase order numbers, and stock levels.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Compliance with the Health and Safety policy is the responsibility of all staff.
- All staff are responsible for the effective implementation of the company Health and Safety Policy and procedures within their Services and report any corporate or significant issues to the Plant & Transport Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- NVQ Level 3 qualified (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of Hydraulic Systems.
- Knowledge of Plant diesel engines.
- Proven experience in both Plant & Vehicle repairs/maintenance.
- Welding and fabrication processes.
- An understanding of health & safety legislation and Vehicle Maintenance Regulations.
- Capable of working alone; willing to work nights and away from home as and when required. (Uplifts and allowances paid). Willing to work outdoors sometimes in adverse weather.
We Offer: Competitive salary, 20 days holiday, company van, Auto enrolment pension plan, Life and Critical illness cover, night time uplifts and working away allowances.
Job Type: Full-time
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80443816