Specialist Teacher - Behaviour
JOB TITLE Specialist Teacher - Behaviour
SERVICE AREA Children’s Services/Access & Attendance SECTION Integrated Behaviour Support Service
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide high quality, cost-efficient services that support high-quality teaching and learning in the council and lead to improved life choices for children and young people
As a teacher on this Support Service, the post holder may be involved in some, or all, of the following activities during the course of his/her work:
- To contribute to National Initiatives.
- To contribute to the roll-out of borough initiatives e.g. School Partnerships, School Improvement Strategy, The Education Inclusion Strategy and concil's Behaviour Strategy.
- To advise and support schools with the development of strategic responses to behavioural issues.
- To advise and support schools in developing whole school communities interventions for individual pupils/groups of pupils who have challenging behaviour so that an inclusive ethos is maintained.
- Where appropriate, to provide direct 1:1 support for individuals/groups of pupils.
- To advise Integrated Behaviour Support Workers regarding specific responses appropriate to individual situations within in schools or the Service and wider Children’s Services.
- To provide training at borough and school level designed to develop the capacity of staff in supporting pupils with BESD.
- To represent the LA at meetings.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records.
This position will suit someone who has worked in a behavioural setting or with challenging children in a secondary school.
SALARY: £18-20 per hour.
Length of Contract: 110 days from 02/04/2018 - 31/08/2018.
If you would like to apply, or you are interested to know more about the role, please drop me a line or send across your CV.
RESPONSE: firstname.lastname@example.org 01926 353 999