Field Engineer (Automation and Telemetry)
This role will support a geographic area and will involve regular travel, approx. 75% of the time
To provide Automation & Telemetry systems engineering & applications services in an efficient and effective manner that maximizes customer services standards, and promotes the company and its offers (products and solutions) to the benefit of both the customer and the company. Additionally, will demonstrate functional leadership and proactively participate in the competency development of the field services team.
- Complete Life Cycle support for Schneider Automation products, to include, but not exclusively installation, upgrade, maintenance, repair, fault finding, testing etc to the level of a Senior Engineer
- Provide "24-hour telephone" and "response to site support" to customers.
- Development of functional design specifications in-line with customer requirement
- Systems design of upgrades & small to medium size projects, including software development
- In-house & on-site execution of system upgrades and projects. Including project management & co-ordination of internal & external resource. This will also include the generation of "Risk Assessments" & "Method Statements
- Provide technical guidance as required to facilitate accurate preparation of bids or by - Operation Teams to facilitate effective project delivery.
- To work within all sets of procedures ensuring that Health and Safety is the most important element in this regard.
- Visit customers to "Soft sell "Automation & Control Projects & Services offer.
- Essential: C & G, ONC HNC in Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- Proven practical engineering experience, working with Telemetry and/or Control and Automation products. Working knowledge of electrical installation standards including 17th Edition.
- Business, personal & products skill's in line with competency profile Experience in fault-finding on complex Automation and/or Telemetry systems and or equipment Experience of coaching, mentoring and developing others Site Safety Passport Demonstrates good organizational and motivational skills
- Demonstrates leadership and supervisory skills in order to control and direct the internal and external workforce when necessary
- Excellent customer service levels and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills PC Literate on MS Office Customer focused approach, balanced against the need to protect Schneider's commercial position High standard of attention to detail.
- HND/ Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering SANS (cyber security trained) or equivalent qualification MS and/or CISCO trained.
MIT: Whole project lifecycle, Travel
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960325325