Deputy Manager- Residential
Do you thrive in making a difference to the lives of young people? Do you have a passion to work with children?
We are looking for a motivated, resilient, caring person who is driven by making a difference to join the team as a Deputy Manager. We are a family owned company who put the needs of children and young people first.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Registered Manager in ensuring that all recommendations from the Ofsted Inspection and, or Regulation 44 visits are implemented, reporting as necessary to the Director of Residential in the absence of the Registered Manager.
- To contribute to the Care Planning process of children cared for by the Family Care Group by:
-Attending and preparing for children’s conferences, reviews, planning, core group and other meetings in connection with children placed with the Company.
-Ensuring that children’s records are maintained accurately and within agreed time-scales.
-Ensuring that tasks delegated to Family Care Group through the Care Planning process are completed in full and to a high standard.
- To maintain all records in accordance with Company policy, regulations and statutory requirements.
- To maintain and respect the requirement for absolute confidentiality in relation to the performance of all of your duties and the information that you glean there from.
- To attend and contribute to your own supervision sessions and appraisal processes.
- To ensure that your management team prepares and operates a rota system that will ensure suitable levels of safety, security and care and oversight for the children cared for in your establishment.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the exigencies of the service or as instructed by the Registered Manager or Director of Residential.
- Must hold a Level 3 NVQ in children and young people’s workforce or equivalent.
- Possessing CQSW/DipSW/NVQ 4 in Care or Management/Level 4 NVQ Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or recognised equivalent is desirable but not essential.
- Must be able to evidence 1 year’s management of a team and 2 years in a children’s residential setting or in residential services.
- Must have demonstrable knowledge of and commitment to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Possess a full UK Driving Licence.
- An enhanced DBS certificate will be required upon appointment.
To apply for this role please submit your CV without delay.
Please note that we may bring the closing date forward, if we receive a large number of quality applications.