International manufacturing company seeks Senior Legal Counsel to undertake a strategic projects based role.
Based in the Midlands and with responsibilities for business interests in the primarily in the UK, this is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Solicitor (with at least 8 years PQE) to join a market leading company as a Senior Legal Counsel.
Reporting directly into the UK Legal Director and Company Secretary you will be responsible for providing legal support to our clients' diverse global business. You will provide support and direction to the UK, European and Asian parts of the business, and you will pro-actively engage with these business units where you will lead on projects and provide advice at a strategic level to identify legal and regulatory opportunities for competitive advantage. Examples of projects you would lead on are as follows:
· Resolving a significant performance dispute with our primary logistics provider, including re-negotiating contract terms, invoking the contractual dispute resolution process, and exploring our rights and likelihood of success in litigation
· Negotiating new import distribution agreement with a foreign partner
· Facilitating the sale of a material real estate asset
· Providing contractual support on a transformational IT infrastructure initiative
· Working with the operational supply chain team on the company's environmental sustainability projects at our production sites
This is a varied and strategic position with significant responsibility and strategic involvement. We are keen to hear from with at least 10 years PQE with strong experience of negotiating and drafting a range of complex commercial contracts or from a corporate M&A background. To be considered for this opportunity you must have worked in a leading law firm or in-house for a market leading internationally focussed company
In return you will receive a very generous benefits package.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.