Opportunity for a lawyer to join international group and established legal team as the dedicated compliance lawyer. We are interested in hearing from compliance specialists or alternatively lawyers with a background in commercial contracts, regulatory, commercial litigation or competition law looking to do something different!
Reporting into the Head of Legal based in the UK and forming part of a small legal team, you will be the key contact in the business for all compliance matters, relating to group policies and procedures, general legal compliance, Anti-Corruption, Antitrust, Competition Law, Anti-Money Laundering and Corporate Conduct.
Working at the heart of the business, this position will be very hands on and multi-faceted and your key responsibilities will include:
- Understand the organisational standard operating procedures and ensuring adherence by the UK business.
- Work along side the UK legal team to roll out new and impending compliance legislation including conducting training.
- Supporting the business to administer compliance and legislation changes.
- Be the main point of contact for all compliance queries for the specified countries supported.
- Be heavily involved with regulatory issues and compliance
- Setting appropriate priorities with the wider business
The ideal candidate will be a lawyer with experience in a leading law firm or in-house organisation. Although previous experience of undertaking a compliance position is desirable we are very keen to hear from individuals with a background in in commercial contracts, regulatory, commercial litigation or competition law would be considered to be a good skill set to transition into this type of position. You will be a proactive and pragmatic business partner who is able to work seamlessly with others and provide support where necessary. You will have the ability to integrate and work in partnership at a high level as you will be involved with large scope complex projects that will require you to identify needs and expectations.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.