Principal CDM Designer
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal CDM Designer in our Shrewsbury office. You will contribute to / be responsible for the delivery of the Principal Designer role across all phases of the Design and Construction lifecycle on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial, Transport and Water.
You will have the ability to manage multiple projects, have an understanding of key hazards typical to building and engineering projects in your relevant sectors and be able to work as an individual or as part of a wider team. You must be able to work with both internal and external project stakeholders to ensure Health and Safety issues are properly addressed and managed during the project lifecycle. The role requires an in depth understanding of design and construction processes and the ability to communicate effectively. You will have a clear understanding of the legal requirements of the CDM Regulations.
In particular the role will require you to:
- Assess the competence of any designers appointed by Amec Foster Wheeler
- Manage the collection and sharing of Pre Construction Information between duty holders
- Carry out H&S specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of a project
- Promote and manage clear communication between project duty holders with respect to coordination of outputs and management of health and safety issues at all project stages
- Prepare and issue the project specific Health and Safety File on completion
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant built environment discipline eg Architecture, Civil Engineering or MEICA Engineering
- Professionally qualified with an additional Health and Safety qualification (eg NEBOSH Construction Certificate, Certified Membership of APS or ICE H&S Register)
- A high degree of understanding and knowledge on the application of the CDM Regulations
- Significant post qualification experience in either design or construction management including experience of leading design teams
- Good communication skills are required (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.