Flood Risk / Surface Water EIA Lead
Wood is currently recruiting for a Flood Risk / Surface Water EIA Lead at either Principal Consultant or Associate Director grade in our Shrewsbury office. Due to sustained strong growth in our Water Management business, we are seeking to make a senior level recruitment to develop our capability in flood risk assessment and surface water environmental impact assessment (EIA). We are looking for an experienced and authoritative professional who has the profile to lead hydrology and flood risk assessments for major infrastructure projects in the power, minerals and transportation sectors. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in effective delivery of complex, high profile projects in these disciplines. Experience of the Development Consent Order planning regime for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects is essential and experience of acting as an expert witness at DCO Examinations or Planning Inquiries would be beneficial. Over time, we would expect the successful candidate to develop take a significant role in business development and to develop their own team.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Playing a leading role in project delivery, including managing the interface with clients and internal stakeholders. Supervising, coordinating and reviewing the inputs of others within the business to deliver high quality technical outputs that meet client requirements.
- Working with senior colleagues in the Water Management, Environment and Infrastructure Teams to develop business opportunities and prepare successful proposals.
- To manage or direct projects effectively, balancing programme, budget and quality requirements, and ensuring that the highest health and safety standards are adhered to.
- Over time, to assume staff management responsibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree in a relevant environmental, science or engineering discipline is essential.
- An M.Sc or PhD in hydrology, flood risk or water resources management is desirable.
- Chartership via CIWEM, ICE or other relevant professional body preferred.
- A minimum of eight years relevant professional experience working in hydrology, flood risk management or water resources management, at least some of which should have been in consultancy.
- Demonstrable experience of leading technical teams for successful project delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Successful track record in managing client and stakeholder relationships.
- Expert knowledge of regulatory context for flood risk management, planning and EIA and water resources in the UK is essential. Expert witness experience at DCO Examination or Planning Inquiry is preferred.
- Staff management experience preferred.
- Full driving licence preferred.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.comDiversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.