In-House Legal Counsel
An opportunity has arisen for a c3- 5 years' PQE Lawyer to join a leading national retailer as Legal Counsel.
Operating from over 300 locations across the UK, and operating in both the consumer and business to business sectors, this business seeks a Legal Counsel keen to take on a high level of responsibility in a diverse role. Working within a small but supportive team this is an opportunity to enhance both your legal skills and commercial acumen, working closely with Heads of Departments across the business.
This opportunity will comprise of the following elements:
· Providing legal advice on all contractual matters;
· Working closely with the sales team to draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts;
· Reviewing and responding to invitations to tender from a broad range of organisations from the Public and Private Sectors for contracts up to several million pounds in value;
· Working closely with the marketing team to review, draft and negotiate contracts with service providers;
· Liaise with Trading Standards and the Advertising Standards Agency in relation to complaints;
· Providing legal advice and support directly to the Managing Director, Sales Director and Commercial Director;
· Providing advice and training to the business on broader legal areas such as Data Protection, Competition Law and changes in legislation where appropriate to the business.
Strong communication skills are necessary to interact with senior colleagues as is a desire to accept a high level of responsibility working within a small legal team.
This role is ideal for a commercial lawyer looking to develop their career in a business with a recognised national brand. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong mix of legal, business and interpersonal skills.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.