Commercial Property Lawyer
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Property lawyer with at least 6 years PQE currently working in a leading law firm or in-house to join the legal team of Midlands based PLC and undertake a varied commercial property role with a focus on acquisition, disposal, development work and projects.
With hundreds of sites across the UK the Company operates out of more than 300 locations and employs over 4,000 people in the UK and over 40,000 employees globally. Over the last 100 years the Company has primarily grown through acquisition to become one of the top global companies in the world.
An opportunity has arisen for a Real Estate lawyer to join the existing legal team of the business and undertake a varied commercial property role with a focus on focus on acquisitions, disposal, landlord and tenant, development work and projects.
Ensuring that property related legal risks and liabilities are effectively managed, you will provide advice and guidance on operational and non operational land, disposal and development portfolios of the business and advise on a full remit of commercial property transactions including acquisitions, disposals, landlord and tenant, overage agreements, licence and planning agreements. Specifically you will:
· Provide day to day advice and guidance on all operational and non operational property related issues to the business;
· Handle acquisitions and divestments within the property portfolio;
· Manage selected external lawyers as the need arises, ensuring that the Company receives the best possible legal advice in a cost effective manner;
· Ensure that the Company's legal risks and liabilities that are property related are recognised and evaluated and that property transactions are effectively managed; and
· Facilitate the development of consistent property precedents and protocols for the Company
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercial property lawyer who is looking to undertake a varied role in a blue chip business environment where property is at the heart of the business.
We are keen to hear from commercial property lawyers with at least 6 years pqe currently working in leading law firms or in-house. This position is commutable from Birmingham, Warwickshire, Coventry, Leicester and Northampton.
An excellent salary and package encompassing a car allowance, bonus, competitive pension and healthcare is on offer.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.