Building Surveyor / Senior Building Surveyor - Birmingham
We are currently working with a leading name in the Construction Consultancy world, who, thanks to several contract wins and general success in the area, are in the process of growing their office in Central Birmingham.
They are seeking to recruit a Chartered Building Surveyor or Senior Building Surveyor to join the team, working on projects in and around the West Midlands region.
You will join a multidisciplinary team, taking on Building Surveying and Project Management duties, on a wide range of interesting buildings and sectors, with key responsibilities including:
- Project Management
- Contract Administration & Employer’s Agent
- Design & specification writing
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Quadrennial surveys on listed buildings
- PPM and asset condition schedules
- Quality & Technical Monitoring
- Bank/Fund Monitoring
- Defects Diagnosis
- Measured Surveys
- Party Wall Awards
- Principal Designer
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
To fulfill the role, you must:
- Be Degree qualified in Building Surveying or similar technical discipline
- Have strong technical delivery experience
- Membership of MRICS or other relevant professional body, with previous Consultancy experience, or working towards
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects in a proactive and diligent manner
- Excellent specification writing skills
- Detailed understanding of JCT Contracts
- Strong track record in project management of projects from inception to completion
- Track record of working with stakeholders
- Client facing, ensuring a high standard of technical delivery
- Able to build long-term relationships
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
Salaries for the role will vary depending on your level and background, and there is an excellent benefits package to support.
The company do look after their employees, with flexible working arrangements and a more grown up approach to management, rather than clock watching micro management.
Contact Darren Hamilton for more details...