Associate Director Civil Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Associate Director Civil Engineer specialising in infrastructure in our new Birmingham city centre office. Our growth into Birmingham forms part of our European strategy and comes on the back of securing places on multiple lots (including Civil & Structural Engineering) of the £2.8Bn CCS PM and Design Services Framework which was created to support delivery of the UK Government Construction Strategy.
Your role will be to provide technical leadership, develop a team and support business winning across a broad cross section of highway, regeneration, property and general infrastructure projects. You will work closely with our engineering teams across the Midlands being responsible for the technical delivery and quality of the civil design deliverables for your team and the work you lead.
We are looking for individuals that have a strong base of technical skills coupled with excellent organisational, leadership and communication skills gained in either a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy environment who now want to enhance and diversify these skills within a growing organisation that will support their future development.
- Grow a team of engineers to work on a wide range of infrastructure and regeneration projects.
- Provide leadership and technical assurance/review for all deliverables you and your team are responsible for
- Be client facing and able to develop client relationships
- Manage design teams and provide guidance and mentoring to junior members
- Develop capabilities and experience of the team in order to seek opportunities to deliver engineering services/projects to other sectors
- Contribute and lead engineering inputs to PQQs and tenders
- Comply with Wood's HS&E, quality, financial, risk management, business and policy requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
- Has experience of leading the technical delivery within an engineering team
- Has worked within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy
- Has demonstrable technical engineering experience within an infrastructure context
- Substantial consultancy experience
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrable technical review/assurance skills
- Worked within a BIM environment
- Previously or currently working for one of Wood's direct competitors
- Multi-sector and international experience
- Has experience of working on major infrastructure projects
- NEC Contract environment experience
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Member of a relevant professional body such as ICE
- Chartered Engineer
- Project Management qualification
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.comDiversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.