Assistant Branch Manager, Heavy Side Builders Merchants
Assistant Branch / Depot Manager with trade sector experience in roofing, drainage, timber or heavy side building products required for one of the UKs largest independent builders' merchants at their branch in Ledbury, Herefordshire. Salary up to GBP30,000, plus bonus.
About the company
Our client is one of the UKs leading independent builders' merchants with a network of over 40 branches across the South West.
Renowned for their extensive range of products and competitive prices they are able to provide support across many specialised areas such as roofing, timber, drainage, and heavy side building materials.
What's the opportunity?
Working closely with your Branch Manager and Regional Directors, as Assistant Branch Manager your role is to continually improve the profitable sales and margins within the branch, as well as developing a highly customer focused, results driven team.
With a company philosophy of providing expertise and excellence in all that they do our client is looking for a truly dynamic Assistant Depot Manager who excels at building and developing strong and profitable commercial relationships.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Branch / Depot Manager, working alongside the Branch Manager you will have complete responsibility for the day to day management of a highly successful branch including:
- Driving the continued growth of the business
- Profit & loss responsibility
- Staff development and coaching
- Ensuring that health and safety is adhered to at all times.
You will be commercially astute with a proven ability to influence staff members and drive sales.
What skills do I need?
- Proven experience within the merchant sector
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Strong knowledge of heavy side building materials
- Successful track record of supervisory / management roles within the construction supply sector
Our client is a recognised Investor in People with staff development, training and recognition at the forefront of their business. The package includes:
- Starting salary of up to GBP30,000 dependent upon experience
- Strong performance related bonus structure
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Pension contributions
- Excellent opportunities for training and career development
If you'd like to know more apply online now and we'll be in touch to discuss the role.