Due to an increase in productivity at our Coventry site, we have an exciting opportunity for multiple Glass Operators to join our passionate and knowledgeable Team. The successful candidates will cut, handle and load glass in a manufacturing and distribution environment and will be responsible for achieving all aspects of production in a safe manner and to the required quality standards.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Glass Operator you will;
- Work in a manufacturing environment, cutting glass to order, using the relevant machinery/tools
- Produce accurate work in-line with order requirements by following set procedures and adhering to the Health & Safety standards
- Assist with the loading of the glass to a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) ready for despatch
- Ensure that the assigned work areas and machines are kept in an orderly state and are fit for purpose
- Assist with the stocktake
- Understand internal waste plans and highlight any necessary actions of improvement to Advanced Operators
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit great people that align well with our values. We are particularly keen to meet people who share our passion for innovation and sustainability. For the Glass Operator specifically it is important that you have/are:
- Glass handling experience and are competent in performing multiple skills in cutting glass & edgework would be desirable
- Experience of loading glass products for despatch and stock distribution to a HGV would also be desirable
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Good standard of school level education, particular in Maths & English
- Strong planning and organisation skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and have the ability to work under your own initiative
- The ability to work in a systematic and logical manner
What about the business I'll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Glassolutions - part of the Saint-Gobain group and is the largest processor, distributor, installer and repairer of glass and glazing systems in the UK; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries??? Are You In?
What will I get in return?
A competitive salary and pension package.
An extensive benefits package including cycle2work, share schemes, discounts & cashback with 100's of online and high street retailers.
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Glassolutions is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Glassolutions or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn't always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/applications from anyone, unless invited to do so.