Senior Design Engineer
Senior Design Engineer required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of off-highway vehicle technology? Do you have a background in the design and development of systems and components? Have you got a experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing / R&D environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
You will play a key role in the design, analysis and development of off highway vehicles. You will develop relationships with the key team members in order to motivate and drive the project forward. You will be part of a dedicated, motivated and successful team which offers a dynamic working environment supporting major projects both internally and externally.
- Support the generation and delivery of concept and manufacturing design definitions, based on technical specifications, requirements, relevant standards and other constraints
- Progress the conceptual development for new product
- Participate in developing and maintaining relevant engineering processes and procedures
- Supporting the identification of business opportunities
- Problem solving on existing products and product improvement
- Being responsible for evaluating technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions
- Delivering assigned projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan, cost and budget
- Preparing and delivering progress reports against project plans
- Working alongside the customer on product development ensuring delivery of solutions to meet the customer's requirements
- Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, developing skills and capabilities, and giving support to others as required
- Actively participate in business unit improvement activities
- Experience of mobile off-highway equipment desirable but not essential
- Experience in the use of PRO-Engineer / Creo - will consider other CAD experience
- Experience of components and sub-systems used on off-highway equipment including drive train and hydraulics
- Experience of lean manufacturing and design for assembly.
- Good working knowledge of FEA analysis of fabricated mechanical structures
- Knowledge and experience of full drive line development on vehicles
- Knowledge of mobile hydraulic and control systems
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Previous experience of engineering projects/activities
- Planning and priority setting
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.