Development / Test Engineer
Senior Development Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading Manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of off highway machine technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling and coordinating the development of components and systems? Have you got a experience of working in a fast paced Engineering / R&D environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role in the machine development capability to engineering activities/projects. You will work across the product range and will have true ownership over products components and systems from concept to production. You will act as the conduit between both the Design and Test functions in order to ensure that a sound approach is adopted in the design and development of both existing and new products.
- Develop new and existing product in accordance with both International and company internal quality and certification standards
- Ensure the design of appropriate test programs that can accurately measure field endurance
- Develop and specify endurance rigs for component/system testing
- Fully utilise analytical skills to understand, advise and act upon results gained from scientific test equipment (hydraulic, noise, cooling)
- When required, install and check test instrumentation on development machines
- Manage off-site test programs in a controlled environment ensuring all H&S requirements have been completed with a view to safeguarding both Test Engineers and Workshop Technicians and or contractors
- Create detailed and accurate test reports and deliver in an appropriate format, either through presentation or report
- Build effective relationships throughout the Engineering forum in EMEAR in order to further develop knowledge and understanding
- Ensure relevant departments and the supply base adhere to and are aware of the engineering sign off requirements' when sourcing and appointing potential suppliers
- Clearly communicate test requirements to the Workshop Team Leader/Test Engineers
- HND / BSc / B Eng
- Previous experience working within a Test and Development discipline
- Excellent working knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems used on mobile equipment
- Experienced in creating and running test programs
- Experience of mobile off highway products
- Experience creating and running test rigs
- Pro Engineer experience would be beneficial
- Structure engineering experience
- NVH experience
- Advance hydraulics
- Hybrid technology knowledge
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Full driving licence
- Have excellent report writing skills
- Have a 'hands-on' approach to Team Member support and provide guidance when necessary.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.