Public Affairs and Media Manager
Public Affairs and Media Manager based in Coventry with Travel
GBPCompetitive + Benifits
The purpose of this role is to position Cadent as the leader in the industry and more broadly with key external influencers in the following areas:
- Our work and industry leadership to support customers in vulnerable situations (safeguarding, fuel poverty work ,dementia work, locking cooker valves and carbon monoxide awareness)
- Our vision and developments on the future role of gas (Hynet, Hydeploy, BioSNG, CNG
- Our thoughts on the RIIO-2 framework (customer outcomes, incentives)
- Reduce disruption caused by our activities (smart investment, innovations, stakeholder engagement on London works)
- Drive for clear policy positions by influencing, bringing external insight and challenge to the business.
- Create consistent messaging and positions which are widely understood across the business
- Use the policy positions and messaging to influence good outcomes for our business and for our stakeholders.
- Provide counsel and advice to the business on matters of reputation management and stakeholder management.
- To identify opportunities to proactively build Cadents profile and manage a consistent approach to messaging and implementation.
- To manage reputational risks and implement actions which mitigate real or perceived damage
- To actively position Cadent's leaders with key Government and Political groups
- To seek out positive brand building PR opportunities and media relations campaigns that position the business in line with its ambitions.
- Ensures regional collaboration takes place across networks and that outcomes are delivered in line with the customer and stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Contributes to the stakeholder incentive submission worth up to circa 9m in incentive.
- Understands the dynamics of different stakeholder relationships at a national level (political and non-political).
- Knowledge of national and regional strategies and politics and can navigate between the two.
- Has strong external awareness across political and media spectrum
- Industry knowledge or experience of similar industry (heavily regulated, political interest)
- Has a strong understanding of brand and PR activity
- Has a strong track record of building and sustaining relationships. Influencing and persuading at the highest levels
- Strong experience in public affairs and stakeholder management, media relations
- Ease at working at a strategic level inside and outside the organisation
- Delivers through others in team.
- Strong and effective stakeholder skills - listening, influencing, building trust
- Can write in an effective, plain English style which meets the needs of audiences.
A little more about us
Over the last year you may have seen media coverage about National Grid selling the majority stake in its gas distribution business to an investment group. The sale completed in May 2017, and we now have a new identity - Cadent.
Ultimately we're still the same sizeable organisation, with the same 200 year heritage, but now we can exclusively focus on what we do best - keeping the energy flowing for our customers. We want to ensure you understand that by applying for this role, you will be applying to join a bright future with Cadent.
For further insight into us please go to -
What happens next?
The closing date is 26th March.
To apply, please hit the apply button below. Don't delay! We're looking to hire as quickly as possible.