Proactive Sales Administrator / Account Manager
Our client, based on the outskirts of Burton on Trent, is a leading name in their field selling to printers and distributors throughout the UK. Working in a small team you will be responsible for all aspects of internal sales to existing customers, lapsed customers and prospects, proactively managing a set of accounts to maximise sales whilst looking to gain orders from lapsed customers and new potential clients.
The role will involve:
- Ensuring the main telephone line is answered within 3 rings.
- Providing prompt quotations to customer enquiries.
- Check customer accounts before placing orders to ensure credit limit is sufficient.
- Processing customer orders.
- Processing & logging visa transactions.
- Dealing with all customer enquiries.
- Attending company exhibitions when necessary.
- Pro-active chasing of samples requests through to quotation.
- Pro-active chasing of quotations through to order.
- Building customer relationships via the telephone. Calling key accounts on a regular basis to help generate new business.
- Contacting lapsed customers to help generate further business.
- Making 10 new sales calls a day to new leads, or lapsed customers as per ISO Standard.
- Monitoring sales figures for each product and targeting areas which require increased sales attention in order to ensure targets are achieved.
- To ensure new sales opportunities are identified and proactively followed up through to order placement.
- Agreeing despatch dates with production for cutting jobs, to customer requirements.
- Logging customer complaints in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Ensuring that the Stock system is correct, and reporting any discrepancies
- Organising export paperwork and booking transport for all Bisiflex overseas orders.
- Information gathering on new enquiries to discover where they heard of Bisbell and logging this information.
- Logging all new accounts and first order value opened in the month and providing this information to the Office Manager.
The company pays a competitive salary of GBP15-18k depending on experience plus bonus of up to an additional GBP6k based on sales against target. Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 9.00-5.00 and Friday 9.00-4.30.