Job Title Multi Skilled Shift Engineer
Main Purpose of the Job
* To ensure all plant and equipment is maintained and in good working order.
* To attend to breakdowns and make repairs safely, whilst keeping downtime to a minimum.
* Assist in making improvements to plant and equipment wherever possible.
* To provide support to the Engineering Team at Evesham
* To provide a hands on approach within the Engineering function.
* To diagnose breakdown problems when they occur and make safe repairs as necessary, seeking assistance if required.
* To work through a programme of maintenance tasks, using knowledge and experience to prioritise between urgent and routine activities.
* To adhere to all of the Company's procedures on Health & Safety to ensure accidents and injuries do not occur.
* To act and think flexibly, to demonstrate a willingness to help in any area.
* To persevere in order to resolve problems that do arise and use initiative to identify areas that require attention in order to prevent breakdowns.
* To support the other members of the engineering team through help, advice and achievement of the planned workload, in addition to working a reasonable amount of overtime in support of holidays.
* To communicate in a clear, effective and appropriate manner with all other personnel, in particular during shift handover.
* To continue to learn from experience, observation and enquiry and to build upon existing skills as new equipment and processes are introduced.
* To strive to achieve a high standard of workmanship in any task undertaken, whilst completing work at a rate which satisfies the needs of production.
* Manufacture parts for machinery as required.
* Implement improvements and think through the logic of machinery performance
* Implement PPM as required.
* Assist with project work as required.
* Ensure all parts are ordered when required and stored in the correctly identified area.
* Assist the Engineering Manager in ensuring that all tasks are performed in a safe and controlled manner.
* Assist the Engineering Manager to ensure that all contractors are adequately managed on site through correct induction and risk assessment.
* Ensure there are good standards of records and encourage 'clean as you go culture' to be maintained.
* Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports as required.
* Undertake ad-hoc duties and projects as and when required to broaden scope and exposure.
* Fulfill any other tasks as and when assigned by the Line Manager
Education, Qualifications & Experience
* Broad knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
* Skills in repairing and maintaining a range of plant and equipment associated with a continuous production environment.
* Turning and Welding experience
* Computer literate
* Able to communicate effectively and build a reputation for reliability and service.
* Able to plan, prioritise and think ahead.
* Able to work using own initiative as well as to set procedures.
* Attention to detail.
* Resourceful (able to create solutions in a fast paced environment)
* Flexible (in order to do what needs to be done)
* Team player (in order to work well with other members of the team)
* Ability to be flexible with working hours - Continental Shift Pattern
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.