Randstad Engineering are looking for an Auto Electrician to work for a leading automotive company based in the West Midlands.
- Provide electrical support to various areas of the Production assembly lines.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Seek and repair electrical faults on the vehicle (which may also involve removal and re-fitting of interior/exterior trim and other components).
- Use diagnostic equipment for re-testing and verification process.
- Read and interpret diagnostic equipment output to minimise rework time/costs.
- Record and report faults to relevant areas of Production or Engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Engineers/Suppliers with regard to electrical issues.
- Work to production track speeds and adhere to process instruction.
- Check that vehicle specifications conform to build requirement/ customer options by referring to the relevant documentation.
- Storage of controlled substances / components safely in correct location(s).
- Support quality, productivity and process improvements initiatives.
- Adhere to Company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- A full electrical apprenticeship (or equivalent qualification or experience) and have relevant automotive experience.
- Specialized knowledge of auto electrics, harness manufacture, and electronic module experience (diagnostics) is necessary.
- The ability to read, interpret and work to engineering circuit drawings /process sheets is essential
- Have effective communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work on his/her own initiative and also co-operate under varied workloads.
If this role is of interest; please click apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.