Membership & Visitor Welcome Assistant
Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? As the Membership and Visitor Welcome Assistant it's your role to ensure that every aspect of our visitor experience is going to delight our customers.
This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business.
What it's like to work here
Berrington Hall is an elegant Neo-classical house built in the late 18th Century. It was designed by Henry Holland and is set in 'Capability' Brown's final landscape design. The mansion boasts delicate interiors with beautifully decorated ceilings and fine furniture, including the Elmar Digby Collection which has been displayed at the property since the 1980s. It also houses costumes from the Charles Paget Wade collection at Snowshill Manor in Gloucestershire.
What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you'll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day.
You'll be asked to confidently sell membership and gift aid on entry, as well as work to our sales targets. You'll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. When interacting with our customers, you'll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or our national strategy.
Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role you'll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
- Some cash handling experience
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as GBP2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking