Product Development Technologist - Food
The purpose of the role is to work with the Buying, Regulatory Affairs, Technical and Production teams. The role will ensure the high quality of all new and existing products whilst making them legally compliant. This will be delivered from development through launch against a critical path.
- Organise and lead panels on new products, new product launches and existing products.
- Source new raw materials in conjunction with purchasing and technical ensuring appropriate supplier approval, raw material specifications, and presence of any allergens.
- Attend Trade Shows.
- Ensure the smooth transition of new concepts and related processes through to manufacture.
- Implement procedures to ensure the product meets quality, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Review, updating and maintenance of finished product specifications in line with business and customer requirements.
- Directly responsible for managing customer accounts; always exceeding their expectations.
- Check and sign off product artwork to ensure legal compliance within the specified timeframes.
- Support with new packaging concepts, ie specifying size, design of packaging and cutter guides.
- Attend and assist in all first production trials to ensure efficient handover from NPD to the production teams.
- Work alongside the Production Teams and assist in resolving any issues that arise on new product lines.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???