Health & Safety Advisor
You have the chance to join a nationally recognised company that are investing in developing their HSE awareness. As the Health & Safety Advisor you will be assisting with the development, implementation and communication of all relevant H&S policies at the site, working with an array of products including regulated products.
This organisation handles some of the most famous products within food, retail and consumer goods. They have been striving for operational excellence; investing in stringent HSE processes in order to keep up with customer expectations & to ensure a safe working environment.
As the Health & Safety Advisor, you will be working with all levels within the business in order to develop awareness & best practice across the business, implementing site strategy and developing a culture of Health & Safety.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with enforcing authorities as required to ensure the Company is properly represented.
- Control the input and retrieval of information to and from the companies H&S Safety software management system and carry out regular trend analysis.
- To create and maintain a short, medium and long term Health & Safety improvement plan and programme manage the implementation of Health & Safety initiatives across the Staffordshire site.
- Deliver and provide support in the development of H&S training requirements.
- Coordinate the H&S monitoring programme to ensure legal and organisational compliance.
- Assist in the management of the site H&S committee.
- Manage the site Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work tracker / schedule.
- Help identify, assess and implement actions to reduce personal injuries, motor incidents & claims in the Staffordshire site.
- Help the site to achieve all relevant H&S KPIs.
- Be able to communicate and influence at all levels.
A Health & Safety Advisor/Specialist with first hand experience of H&S within any logistics, distribution or FMCG environment. The successful applicant will have:
- Some formal Health & Safety qualifications (E.g. NEBOSH, IOSH)
- Experience implementing Health & safety systems
- The ability to work with a multi-disciplined team in order to champion a HSE aware workforce
- The ability to drive consistent improvements across the whole organisation
GBP30,000 - GBP36,000 per Annum + Additional Benefits