We have a fantastic opportunity for a Operations Engineer to join a market leading, growing Logistics (3PL) and Supply Chain Solutions provider.
As a Operations / Logistics / Warehouse Engineer you will be managing day to day inventory and stock allocation.
With over 100 locations across 20 countries delivering bets in class Inbound / Outbound Logistics, Fulfilment Reverse / Repair and Freight Management.
Our client have a strong market presence which is why they provide solutions to companies such as VW, Ford Jaguar Land rover, BMW, IBM, DLL, and many more.
We now have a unique opportunity to join this 3PL supply Chain specialist as an Operations Engineer, managing day to day inventory and stock allocation.
- Management of the day to day activity of the inventory control function within the smart office
- Manage all line side system maintenance activities (buttons, kanbans, visual management) are delivered on time and in full
- Manage stock allocation, master data, visual management & pick routing logic in marketplace
- Monitor stock levels and actively work with RFU on items identified as having insufficient or excess stock on hand
- Ensure root cause analysis is completed on transaction exception codes and the identification and implementation of corrective measures where appropriate
- Provide analysis, reporting and presentation to senior management team to support WBR, MBR and other meetings as appropriate
- Owner of stock metrics - inventory accuracy, replenishment efficiency, hours in pick, pick wave efficiency, transactions completed right first time
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities in stock based processes
- Drive process and behavioural practices to improve stock accuracy levels
- Drive continual improvement in performance within stock based processes
- Develop current and future material flows to improve the functional areas.Support the business through the active participation in the implementation of new layouts, processes, technology and equipment.
- Develop presentations to illustrate design methodology, recommendations and results.
- Actively contribute to cost saving activities and the achievement of the 5% year on year target
- Preferably educated to degree level in a related discipline
- Lean and Six Sigma practitioner
- Ability to communicate and present effectively across all levels of the business on lean techniques and methodology
- Ability to interpret data and derive solid conclusions from the statistical analysis
- Possess strong IT skills and able to utilize a number of software applications - Advanced excel user, Intermediate autocad preferable
- Strong operational experience
- Change management skills
Successful applicants will have Operations experience gained in Logistics / Warehouse and Operations environments that meets the requirements and duties for the role.
For more information send your CV now for an immediate response.
Salary: competitive £35,000-£38,000 + benefits
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960318895