Graduate Software Testing Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to global business, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT, BPS,infrastructure, engineering and assurance services. This is delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model™, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata group, India’s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has over 353,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $16.5 billion for year ended March 31, 2016 and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India.
We are currently recruiting for our 2018 Graduate Talent Recruitment scheme. As part of this scheme we have a structured initial learning program for 3 months followed by our continuous learning program. We are hiring for the role of a Graduate Software Testing Engineer.
Testers play a critical role in ensuring that the code quality is delivered without fault and to the highest standard possible. Testers form an integral part of any development team and increasingly leverage new automation technology.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Work with the Release team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Report defects and assign it to right stakeholders.
- Automation tools like Microsoft VSTS & Open source tools
- Basic knowledge and understanding on C#.Net, Java, PL/SQL etc.
Other Skills :
- Ability to understand the business from an user perspective
- Assertive, confident & results-oriented
- Programming knowledge an advantage
- Good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Go-getter with a positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent learning ability
- Good comprehension skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960319631