User Interface Designer
As one of the most recognised brands in the world, our client strives to design and build outstanding products built to stand the test of time and to outshine the competition in regards to quality. Safety, comfort and endurance.
We are currently looking to expand the engineering capability and bring in a contractor temporarily or a permanent Senior HMI Designer/ User Interface Designer for our clients in Staffordshire.
Main focus of the role
As Senior HMI Designer you will report to the Head of Design, you will function on a daily basis as a part of the in-house Industrial Design team primarily working on in-cab experiences & overseeing the designs through to production in conjunction with electronic engineering team.
As Senior HMI Designer your responsibilities will include:
- Create simple, beautiful & intuitive user interfaces that will provide class leading in-cab experiences
- Responsible for user experience design as well as user interface development, the individual will lead projects from research to initial wireframes, and then right through to visual design and final prototype delivery
- Manage the UI/UX process and track projects through our new product development process to ensure design intent is delivered to customers
- Collaborate with the various disciplines within group (design researchers, product designers, product managers, electronic development engineers)
- Work with the Head of Design to build the UX/UI understanding and quality across the business to ensure consistency and class leading solutions
- Work on a huge variety of projects across a rich spectrum of market sectors and geographies
- Lead the creation of design guidelines and digital brand manuals
- Work closely with electronic engineers to ensure the feasibility of your concepts and the fidelity of the final output
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Work in an international environment
Required Experience & qualifications
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior HMI Designer will have a minimum Ba/BSC (Hons) in Graphic Design, UX Design, Interaction, Product degree or similar, with extensive proven industry experience of UX, UI or IxD. You will have a portfolio of projects that demonstrates a range of embedded systems or similar product experiences. Applicants will be passionate about the client brand and machines, with an appetite to drive innovation and deliver class leading experiences/ products.
The User Interface Designer will be highly skilled in a variety of design software and prototyping tools, knowledge if Crank would be useful. You will have strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to embedded applications and consumer electronics. You will have proven experience achieved through exposure to Automotive and Product Design working environments. You must have hands on experience of managing multiple programs of work simultaneously, and be prepared to travel overseas to tradeshows, user research or work with our design centres in India and America
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960322573