Project Engineer - Product Maturity Lead
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer - Product Maturity Lead to join our Birmingham facility.
In this role you will support the in-service performance and Life Cycle Cost of engine control products. You will also participate in the planning and implementation of in-service reliability assurance programmes and procedures to ensure that the activities considered during the development and in-service life cycle of a product are carried out in a consistent and appropriate manner.
Rolls-Royce Control Systems (RRCS) is a Supply Chain Unit (SCU) within the Rolls-Royce which has emerged from the integration of Controls and Data Services (CDS) into the Roll-Royce organisation. RRCS design, manufacture, develop and manage the life cycle of control units used on a wide range of applications across civil aerospace, defence, Industrial and marine sectors.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
To ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer options to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Lead control system product maturity for specified new product programmes and manage delivery of activities by stakeholders to ensure acceptable product maturity at entry into service.
- Be an integrated programme team leader for key maturity and reliability activities prior to Entry into Service.
- Be responsible for ensuring the execution of key maturity and reliability activities through the product development and initial in-service lifecycle.
- Work with other functions / organisations both internally and externally to ensure that assessment and reliability requirements are met in line with either regulatory or customer needs.
- Ensure service cost is considered in development of unit maintenance programmes.
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of control system in-service operation and reliability drivers.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize and execute tasks with a demonstrated ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to interpret data and provide an informed opinion and conclusions based on the data.
- Ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960318661