Lead Solution Architect
I have 2 great contract positions open for Solution Architects to come on-board and work for a Global IT company based in Solihull . This will be a 6 month contract position with competitive rates on offer.
The role holder may manage a large design team. They work at senior management level to define and deliver major technical projects/strategies/architectures, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues and contribute key insights. Responsible for the design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs.
*Tangible feedback from customers and/or sales that major technical project definitions have influenced investment decisions. Regularly has technical strategies, architectures and proposals, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant Business Approval review, without any requirement for significant proposal changes.
* Authors design and test documents for large, complex solution developments, incorporating strategic level risks and remedies and manages a large design team to achieve documented handover criteria.
* Can evidence a leading role in the development of new offerings.
* Documented feedback, from customers and/or sales, that IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of the customers' business have been developed as a result of working with the customer to understand their business strategy.
* Authors high level design documents for major solutions, managing design requirements and implementation teams and maintains an audit trail for an effective design control process.
* Delivers presentations and "white papers" on the impact of emerging technologies to senior customer and the client's business representatives.
* Regular contribution to, and user of, company knowledge repositories and events.
* Authority. Defines major technical projects for customers or the client, influencing their view of acceptable investment level. Determines strategies, architectures and proposals.
* Shapes technical proposals to be acceptable to the customer and may make solution/service trade-offs.
* Cost and risk. May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, and identifying strategic level risks and remedies.
* Influence. Determines the approach to whole classes of business, leading and influencing others in the development of new offerings.
* Business development. Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business.
* Requirements and design. Manages a team to agree customer requirements and produce the design, setting high level criteria for the design of major solutions and exercising design control over the implementation.
* Thought leadership. Communicates the impact of emerging technologies on customer and the client's business to senior level customers and the client's businesses.
* Knowledge re-use. Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the client's knowledge
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960319565