About the business
We're about proving to the world that it's better by bus. It's something we live and breathe. It's what drives us (pun intended) and it's what you'd expect from a bus company that serves 2.5m people across the west midlands. Even on the shortest journeys, we go the extra mile.
As a sales executive, you'll need to:
- Drive revenue, profit growth and customer acquisition across all channels
- Understand the needs of our business customers & build good working relationships
- Research the market and related products gathering market and customer information
- Present the product favourably and in a structured professional way face-to-face.
- Listen to customer requirements across all industry sectors, for example; retail, NHS, financial and present appropriately to make a sale
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions
You'll be required to:
- Create detailed business cases to successfully influence senior internal stakeholders across the key functions of Commercial, IT, Marketing, Service Delivery and Finance, to deliver actions required.
- Create and maintain detailed monthly sales reports and maintain an accurate ongoing forecast for your accounts
- represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- feed future opportunities back to employers
- review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Strategically plan your sales pipeline
- Attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
With a strong track record of developing high level relationships, hunting for new opportunities and pitching at high levels, you will maintain a pipeline of opportunities from leads, both provided and self generated. You will also be responsible for developing a sales plan to meet your individual target.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience is essential
- Motivated by working towards and achieving KPI's and targets
- A good understanding of creating and managing a sales pipeline
- Commercially and financially astute with the ability to work at pace
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise senior stakeholders and to build long lasting relationships
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Excel and PowerPoint with experience of creating professional presentations
- Excellent presentation delivery skills
- Tenacious, self motivated and determined
- Full UK driving license with your own car and happy to travel for business meetings
- £20,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
- Up to 15% of salary paid as an annual bonus
- Car Allowance of an additional £5,700 per annum
- 37.5 hour working week, Mon-Fri 9-5.30
- Home, office and field based working
- Generous 22 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Company pension
- Phone and laptop
- Free bus & coach travel
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80441631