Aftertreatment Systems Development Engineer
Do you want the opportunity to join one of the largest luxury automotive OEM's in the UK?
Our client are at the forefront of the automotive industry, specialising in luxury automotive products. We have a fantastic chance for you to join our client's cutting edge team to help deliver solutions that will help advance the automotive market as we know it. This role will offer a fun, yet challenging environment working within our clients state of the art facilities.
We are in search of an Aftertreatment Systems Development Engineer.
The Emissions Aftertreatment team is responsible for the specification, development and delivery of cost effective emissions aftertreatment systems enabling vehicles to meet the ever tightening legislative tailpipe emissions standards. The role will require the successful candidate to lead the development of aftertreatment systems and as such entails close co-operation with the engine calibration, exhaust development teams and with suppliers. This significantly relies on emissions testing of engines and vehicles. Reporting to the TS / Manager. Key responsibilities will include:
- Testing of aftertreatment systems performance on engine test-bed / vehicles.
- Through teams SMEs support the selection of aftertreatment components for future Jaguar Land Rover applications, including supplier selection.
- Support target setting, technical development and sign-off of the aftertreatment system in close collaboration with engine calibration and exhaust development teams, and supported by suppliers.
- Support the DV testing using failure mode avoidance procedures.
- Documentation of results from CAE analysis / DV testing as technical reports or evidence packs.
We have identified 3 Key Skills for this role:
1) Experienced in the development of emissions aftertreatment systems - Essential.
2) A motivated self-starter with proven project / supplier management skills and able to make decisions which are in the best interest of the business.
3) Experience in the development and deployment of advanced emissions aftertreatment test methods.
Other experience preferred to help any candidates stand out includes but is not limited to:
- Knowledge and experience of emissions aftertreatment test methods.
- Knowledge and experience of emissions aftertreatment CAE tools, preferrably Exothermia's Axisuite.
- Knowledge and experience of aftertreatment component and system functions and development.
- Knowledge and experience of emissions and OBD requirements and testing (engine test-bed and vehicle).
- Knowledge and experience of emissions / aftertreatment simulation methods and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of powertrain system development and testing.
If you are at all interested in the role, APPLY NOW for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960324577