Senior Software Engineer - Java 8, RxJava, Vertx
Senior Software Engineer - Java 8, RxJava, Vert.x
Want to work with cutting edge Java technology such as RxJava, Vert.x and Kubernates (with Helm)? What about joining a stealth-mode start-up in Birmingham City Centre, backed by a cash-rich parent company? If you love developing micro-service architectures & having an influence over technology stacks, then please read on.
Our client are developing a disruptive platform for use in the healthcare sector, which cloud-based & event-driven. The current architecture includes Java 8, Vert.x, RxJava, Docker, Kubernetes (with Helm), Sonar, GRPC and Protobuf.
Fundamentally, they require candidates that have experience of developing fault tolerant, highly scalable applications using Java 8, within a service orientated / micro-services architecture.
- Solid Java8 (SE/EE) including JSO and JDBC
- Design Patterns
- HTML, CSS
- RESTful Web Services including JSON/XML
- Spring Framework
- Good understanding of best practice UI and UX
- SQL with exposure to MySQL
- Java IDE (Eclipse or IntelliJ) and code analysis tools (FindBugs)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (GIT or similiar)
- SOA and SaaS exposure
- Awareness of DevOps
- Spring Security
- Web Application Security (OWASP Top 10)
- Understanding of responsive web design strategies
- Asynchronous programming
- Exposure to NoSQL databases
- Kubernetes (k8s) with Helm
- Protobuf and grpc
Oscar Technology Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.