Big Data Engineer on Hadoop Ecosystem
*Big Data Engineer (Hadoop Ecosystem) – 60 – 90,000 EUR per annum – South Germany*
As a Big Data Engineer in the Data Science Team, you supplement our cutting-edge data scientists and machine learning engineers. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of the data platform that transforms massive amounts of (real-time) data from various sources into descriptive knowledge about our customers and products.
You and the Data Science Team aim to solve the problems of a company that has begun the journey towards a data-driven and customer centric organization.
Your performance objectives:
- Starting from day one you will familiarize yourself with our big data ecosystem and tool stack, as well as the main data source systems.
- Within the first 3 months, you are fully integrated into the data platform development and maintenance. You are taking responsibilities for certain data stream integrations.
- A year into the job you are an expert for the data platform having a complete understanding of its integration into Avira’s technology and architecture landscape.
Required skills and experience:
- University degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in software development
- Industrial experience with data-intensive projects in the Hadoop ecosystem, main focus on Scala, Spark and Kafka
- Good knowledge of OOP and functional programming paradigms
- Experience with NoSQL systems and a good understanding of their principles
- Experience with AWS components and principles is a plus
The package on offer:
- Starting salary of 60 – 90,000 per annum depending on experience
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- International like-minded team who cares deeply about data
- Professional challenges to match your interests and skills
- Modern IT infrastructure
- Unlimited access to all learning courses on Udemy for Business
- Subsidized canteen, free gym, language courses and other attractive benefit
- English as official business language
- A highly collaborative, innovations-friendly environment and excellent location in Tettnang
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960319408