Project Manager (SDLC) - FinTech - London - £50k - £60k
A growing FinTech business based in central London is now recruiting for a Software focused Project Manager, with a salary of £50k - £60k plus benefits. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing software development projects, both for internal and external clients. They will work with other senior stakeholders to ensure projects are completed within agreed constraints of time, cost and quality, and that projects are correctly incepted and risk and change are well managed throughout the project. Working knowledge and experience of the software development life cycle is essential for this position.
- Work with other senior stakeholders to ensure that the assigned project is completed within agreed constraints of time, cost and quality both internally and to external clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that software development projects leave the core product complete and that the software provided is supportable for the future.
- Working knowledge and experience of the software development life cycle is essential
- Effectively manage scope from inception to close down, enforcing strict control of requirements and Change Management.
- Negotiate available resource on projects with relevant team leaders and Program Manager(s) or other Project Manager(s).
- Work with technical experts to distribute work effectively between the project team.
- Create and manage project plans (schedule, dependencies, budget, risks/issues). Responsible for presenting and justifying these plans to the Program Manager or Client Manager for approval and baselining.
- Capture and report project progress and financial data to the Programme Manager, project team, the Client, the Project Review Board (PRB) and other relevant stakeholders.
- Work with Release management teams both internal and external to create a migration release calendar that the project plan and deliverables align to.
- Work within the governance processes required for a given project with regular reporting of status to various bodies, inc. Steering Committees as appropriate.
- Track and control project milestones and external deliverables promised to the Client.
- Identify and manage risk and critical path activities in the various Project Plans and facilitate the project team's involvement in this.
- Hold project team meetings; define agenda, produce and distribute all relevant project documentation (including the project risk log, issues log, commercials, decisions log, meeting minutes and actions.)
- Ensure all project deliverables, including documents such as test plans, and specifications, are of the correct quality, reviewed and signed off according to procedure.
- Administer the allocation of jobs and budgets, and track and report project costs.
Experience & qualifications:
- A minimum of 2-3 years project management experience within financial services industry or equivalent
- Experience in a customer-facing role, with proven experience of managing relationships both internal and external.
- Experience of investment management and stockbroking would be desirable (but not essential)
- Experience of working within a software house would be advantageous
- Full lifecycle delivery and strong business analysis skills
- Fully competent on Microsoft Project, Excel & other Microsoft Office programs.
- Prince 2, MPM and ITIL certified a preference.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate concisely and clearly within all levels of organisation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to follow and manage project processes; good judgment of when to escalate issues on a project.
If this challenging Project Manager role based in London is of interest then please apply and I will be in touch to discuss further.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960318245